Ferenc Jolesz Memorial Award
This award recognizes the legacy of a world class visionary whose passions included pushing surgery into the 21st century and pioneering focused ultrasound as a non-invasive therapy.
The award, supported by Insightec, was created to recognize the same innovative spirit in mid-career researchers and clinicians who continue to advance focused ultrasound. The recipient of this award will deliver a presentation at the Symposium.
A $5,000 cash award and up to $5,000 in travel expenses for symposium attendance will be awarded to an investigator with at least 10 years of experience who is conducting translational or clinical research. Nominations will be accepted now through June 18, 2018.
Young Investigator Awards
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation established the Young Investigator Awards Program to encourage quality research by clinicians and scientists-in-training and to support their presentation of meritorious scientific papers at major venues such as the International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound.
Graduate students, research fellows, clinical fellows and junior faculty members are eligible to apply for the awards, which include complimentary event registration and up to an additional $2,000 in reimbursement for travel and lodging expenses.
Young Investigator Awards are open to all individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be active in research as a student or a resident, or as a fellow who has completed doctoral training or residency within the last four years.
- Applicants must be conducting translational or clinical research in the field of focused ultrasound.
- Candidates may be traveling from within the United States or abroad. There are no citizenship or residency requirements.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online Symposium abstract submission system.
- Applicants must be listed as the presenter of the abstract.
Please note: Prior awardees and employees or subcontractors of private industry are not eligible.
To apply, begin the abstract submission process. You will have the option to apply for a Young Investigator Award on Step 3.