Please plan to join us for our 8th International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound, which will take place as a hybrid meeting – both virtually and in-person – October 23-28, 2022, in Bethesda, Maryland. More details will be made available in the coming months.
For contact information for the Focused Ultrasound Foundation: http://www.fusfoundation.org/contact-us
Oral Presenter Instructions
Congratulations on your acceptance to present an oral presentation at the 7th International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound 2020 to be held virtually November 9-13, 2020.
Presentation recordings were due on 16 October 2020. No further recordings will be accepted.
The event platform launched with posters and pre-recorded oral presentations on 2 November 2020.
In preparation for your session:
- If you were not able to join a live orientation session, watch a recorded version of the platform orientation here.
- Choose solid colors and avoid busy prints for clothing. If you are using a virtual background, do not wear green, red or white for your session.
- If you wish, you are welcome to download and use a blue virtual background with the symposium logo.
- Make sure to restart your device well in advance of the session to ensure that all updates, etc., have run before session time.
- Make sure to turn off all notifications.
Before the session starts, the tech producer will:
- Ask you to turn your mic and camera on
- Verify your background and your mic sound
- Give reminders for the session about the structure and end time
- Verify that you have Zoom chat open and can see it
IMPORTANT: At any time, once you are in the Zoom Meeting and you encounter technical difficulties, please chat directly with your tech producer to help you troubleshoot.
In order to review any event content or participate in the live event, you must register. Event registration is complimentary:
Poster Presenter Instructions
Congratulations on your acceptance to present a poster at the 7th International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound 2020 to be held virtually November 9-13, 2020.
Posters will be hosted in the virtual meeting platform starting on 2 November 2020. You are required to create a video presentation of your poster. Poster presentation videos may be created in PowerPoint or Keynote. Please review these detailed instructions for recording the audio with your slides. We request that you keep your presentation to 5 minutes. If you have an image of your (traditional) poster, you may provide this in PDF format, but it is not required.
The virtual platform has a chat feature that allows event participants to ask questions regarding your work. You will receive email notifications when questions/comments are posted to your poster’s page.
The event will launch with posters and pre-recorded oral presentations on 2 November 2020.
In order to review any event content or participate in the live event, you must register. Event registration is complimentary: https://symposium.fusfoundation.org/register
The 7th International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound will be held virtually, November 9-13, 2020. As the event draws nearer, we will be posting important updates for all presenters.
If your abstract has been accepted for presentation at the 2020 Symposium, please see the links below for next steps:
October 9 – All oral presentation recordings with The AV Company must be completed
October 16 – All oral presentations that are recorded on Your own must be completed
November 2 – Symposium will launch with posters and pre-recorded oral presentations
November 9 – Symposium programming begins